Friday, May 4, 2012

My Last Day of Student Teaching in Photos


My last day of student teaching flew by! Before I knew it, it was 2:20 and the bell was ringing, putting an end to an absolutely amazing experience.  I was overwhelmed with the goodbyes I received. Over one hundred and twenty homemade cards/notes from students containing sentiments ranging from "Congrats" to "Good Luck" to "We'll Miss You!" were delivered to me throughout the day as well as little packages from Mrs. J and other teachers in the school.  I even had a student who was home sick send her mom in with a little gift for me! My heart melted... and remelted... throughout the entire day.  What a blessing! 


All of the gifts delivered throughout the day to me! Needless to say, it was an emotional day.



Below are some of the cards I received throughout the day.  Student's/ Teacher's names have been covered up. 



(Ms. Meltzer, we will all miss you very much!  You have been an amazing teacher, and you will be a wonderful teacher at your new school. Congradulations [sic] I am very happy for U.  Have a wonderful summer!!  PS: you will be an amazing teacher!)



 (Dear Ms. Meltzer, You are a totaly [sic] awesome teacher.  If I had to pick a teacher to teach all of my classes, it would be you.  Thank you for being patient with the chatter of the class. THANK YOU!!")
And of course, you can't forget about Spock! (If you can't read the caption, it says "good vulcan luck two [sic] you but I don't believe in luck but earthlings do so live long and prosper." So cute!
 And lastly, I came home to this little gift from my amazingly wonderful roommate! Some stickers, a sweet note, and a gift card to the local teaching supply store! So thoughtful!

Although I am still "digesting" the fact that I'm done student teaching, I am so excited for the journey that is to come and it starts tomorrow with graduation commencement! From here on out, everything will be an adventure and all I can say is, "Bring it on!"

Best,
Ms. M

"One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child." ~Carl Jung 

No comments:

Post a Comment